Other People's Heartache Pt. 2


If you've been listening to radio 1 recently, you may have heard of this delightful band from London singing either 'Flaws' or possibly 'Bad Blood', however today they released their brand new free EP 'Other people's heartache pt. 2' which I am completely in love with!

The band was originally just Dan Smith who originally started as a solo act, but then became a quartet between 2010-2011 after having Chris 'Woody' Wood, Will Farquarson and Kyle Simmons join the band. They all decided to name the band 'Bastille' after Dan's birthday, Bastille day.

I have very high opinions of this band and I completely adore them and when I heard that Other People's Heartache had a part 2, I was over the moon! This little EP, is a compilation of covers/remakes of sad love/break up type songs, as suggested by the title.

My favourite track on this EP is really hard to choose, so I have 3 (in no order because I can't choose);
  • Dreams (Fleetwood Mac cover/remake) ft. Gabrielle Aplin - As you can guess with my recent posts, Gabrielle Aplin is one of my favourite artists right now, and when I heard this cover Bastille and Gabrielle did on youtube a few months ago, I was on the verge of exploding with excitement and crying over how beautiful the song is. The eerie piano tones and harmonies send shivers down my spine and now that I have finally been able to download it (FOR FREE) I am overjoyed (sorry for that awful little thing I did there, they have a song called overjoyed and I couldn't resist)
  • Thinking ahead (Frank Ocean cover) ft. Ric Elsworth and O.N.E. - I don't know really what I like about this, probably that it's really calming and it's just generally nice, Dan's voice goes so well with the song as well as the others', it's just lovely really.
  • No Angels (TLC cover!!!) ft. Ella - This dainty little tune is so nice and such a weirdly nice contrast to the original song. There is also so much contrast between Dan and Ella's parts in the song as Dan has his harmonious, dulcet tones and Ella has her harsher tones (slightly reminding me of Misha B??). As a whole, this single to me is very Lana Del Rey in the whole atmosphere it creates.

I highly recommend you download this EP as firstly (and most importantly) this band is a bit of everything and they definitely grew on me over the past two months or so and are complete charmers (Dan reminds me of a lost puppy sometimes!) and secondly, this is completely free! So if you end up deciding you don't like them unfortunately, then you can just delete the files off your computer and you wouldn't have 'wasted' your money buying what I think is a lovely little EP.

OTHER PEOPLE'S HEARTACHE PT. 2 DOWNLOAD/SITE LINK

Bastille facebook // Twitter // Website

Thanks for reading, hope you all have a pleasant week in this run up to christmas! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment